New Bike!!!

Gravel Gear, Unbound 2022
 
The seat needs to go...


Found the bones on FB Marketplace from a MTB person who has been a tech-geek, and he threw in a box of parts because he's just a nice guy.  I took all of it to a local LBS, NW Pro Gear , and had them look it over.  Four days later FrankenBike lives!  23 lbs 10 oz with pedals. The mechanics in the shop found terrific parts from their bins and did a stellar job meeting my requests and getting the thing built STAT.   

Weather has been cold enough I've not given it a real ride, yet, and I'm thrilled and excited to get my chamois on that marshmallow seat (which will be replaced soon).

Tires are low miles and probably good for training.  I'll likely run a little narrower for the race.  Aero bars are in the plan soon, as well.  

I've been on the trainer at the gym, as I don't have a lot of cold-weather gear, and frankly, I just don't want to ride in the cold.  I'll be happier at 85F.

I've been geeking out on Unbound Gravel videos on YouTube, and I'm planning to make my own endurance drink.  That's been a process.  I'll post a video of that process soon.

I hope you're riding, and that you love the hours in the saddle.  

Comments