Happy Valentine's Day!


This is how roses are delivered in Portland.  Who knew?  I went an easy 14, with a stop to get these pretty things to a really lovely person.  

Short ride today.  I think that even at just 30 miles, some of my rides have been too much. I'm finding that after these rides, my HR remains elevated, and that I crave carbs for hours.  My sleep on these nights has been uncomfortable and not restful.  So - I was really easy today, 14 miles, 11+mph, relaxed on hills.  It felt controlled, and upon returning home I'm not craving carbs, and I'm not needing an immediate nap.  

I'll need to try to keep it reigned in for several more rides before I start to push distance again.  My previous posts were labeled "base miles", really they were moderate+ intensity that were as stressful as foundational.  My legs and lungs do feel great, and despite redesigning my training, I feel terrific about where I am right now.


Comments