AND....I'm back.... #unboundgravel #dirtykanza

 My Brother-In-Law, Jay, asked me, in December, if I would consider doing the Dirty Kanza 200 again (now known as Unbound Gravel).  I didn't have to think much to reply in the affirmative.  The race was full, a couple of weeks later we both entered the lottery for a few remaining spots.  

And we BOTH GOT IN.

So.  I haven't ridden with intent in something like six years.  I am five rides in, and am enjoying how my body feels to come back into cyclist form, albeit early in the process.  I've been lifting weight for the past year or so, and I've got some bulk I didn't have my first DK - not sure what to do with that and I'm not excited to haul it on this ride.  

I'm training in Portland - not on gravel, yet.  I'll need a new bike for that - I have a rideable road bike that I'll use for base miles for a bit. 

I have so much on my mind around this, and I am loving the excitement/anxiety that comes with this opportunity. 

Micah.




Comments