New Year's Resolutions...



I have never really made New Year's Resolutions.  I know about a human's capacity for change, and it is seldom accomplished and rarely sustained.  That being the case, I think this life has more to offer, so I'm going to try a couple of things.  I've looked back at my blog posts over the past few years and realize how all-over-the-place I've been.  I'm glad for the opportunity to evaluate priority.

1) Spiritual growth - no idea what that means, but I'm looking into it.  A big part of that will be getting back on the bike, and training for the DK, yet again.  Maybe this year I'll actually make the start line.

2) Leaving the past behind me - and being grateful for lessons learned, forgiving and hopefully being forgiven.

There are a couple of others, but I think those two count the most.

I need to get a training schedule up for the DK soon, and start getting it done.  I can't decide if I'm going to get a membership to the Y, here in Topeka, or if I am going to buy a set of indoor bicycle rollers.  I'll need to be able to train when weather and roads don't allow being on the bike.  I also have some mods to make to the Fuji Cross - I love wrenching.  The process of being a cyclist is one I cherish.

Micah.

Comments