I feel like a rookie again...

I just went on a 19 mile ride, and even in the lousy shape I'm in, was confident that if I rode sanely I'd be fine.  Of course it was on gravel.  Hilly gravel.  In Kansas.  In July.  Heat index 104F or some ungodly thing.  Regardless, With the number of miles I've logged I was still certain it'd be fine.

Couldn't find my sunglasses or my sunscreen.  Took one bottle.  Misread the breeze, so had a headwind coming home.

Still.  It was a ride.  I actually got Goosebumps coming home, and a headache as soon as I started to cool down.  I'm better now, but am reassured of my  lousy level of fitness, and my rusty riding prowess.  Jeez. 

For what it is worth, I'm considering the Great Divide Race in 2015.  Just a consideration.  But things are changing rapidly in my life, and I'm hopeful to renew the drive and passion I've had for cycling, and I anticipate having more time to devote to the finer things in life soon.

Micah.

Comments