50 and 35

It was a good weekend. Saturday, the family was heading to Omaha for in-law stuff. Took off a couple of hours ahead of the minivan and got 50 before they caught me. It was cold, and wet and windy, and I was going into it most of the way. It was killer training, albeit not very comfortable. Averaged about 14.7 mph, which wasn't so hot, but the wind and I got reacquainted.

Yesterday, my family dropped me off about 35 miles from home, and it was killer. Had a tailwind the first half, and sunshine the last. Just flowed - got to really work, and feel fast. Still had plenty of power and energy into the homestretch, which bodes well for training in weeks to come. Averaged 19.7 mph. Much speedwork to do.

And hey - the middle of this week is supposed to get cold again, but the evenings are going to be well-lit now! Call if you want to ride or run - I am increasingly eager to bump the intensity.

Micah.

Comments