More on the DK.

Checkpoint 2

The two benevolent souls who stopped to help me when I was ready to shriek in rage and bust all my spokes near the end of the race were #41 Jeff Dick, and #67 Raymond Mulnix. If you guys read this just know how much your help meant. Let me know where to send the check for the tube, CO2, and at least one round of your favorite sports drink.

The results are posted, and I placed 30th. The gentleman with whom I was pulling away from the pack at mile 95 was #62 John Mathias. He and his son Cody are preparing for the Leadville 100 -Congrats on the DK and good luck racing Floyd!

#397 Warren Wiebe is the single speed monster that pulled me up the bald face Texaco hill. He unfortunately DNF'd secondary to threat of gastric ejection. Still not certain which Randy I rode with in the first half. There are two listed. Will post that when the photos are available.

I am still buzzing on the post-event high. I've been checking out lots of race reports and comparing notes - there are some great reports out there. The stories have me reliving moments out there on the gravel, which is just fine.

I want to thank everyone at Heartland Race. You all did a great job, and I had a killer day.

Micah.

Comments