Thanks...

To my lovely wife, Cindy! She and my kiddos (3) have graciously given me time to train, allowed me the budget to buy my bike, and all the stuff that goes with it, and they are even going to crew for me this weekend! My family is long-suffering and generous beyond measure.

To Steve Fuller, Joe Fox and Ari for their comments. I'll look forward to meeting Steve and Joe at the DK.

Thanks also to the Trek Bicycle Store in Omaha (on 84th) - with the deal they cut me on Accel Gel, they are as close to a sponsor as I'll ever get. Miah - one of the managers there - has been awesome keeping me going with occasional maintenance, and other support. There is good bike zen in that shop.

Onward! We are just about to load the van to go to Emporia now. We'll stop at the High Gear bike shop. They've been great about returning phone calls and answering questions about this event. I need a little tweaking on the rear derailleur before tomorrow and they are going to work me in.

I'm jazzed. I'm giddy, and nervous, but mostly this just feels like it is going to happen and happen well. I'll give a progress note Sunday.

Micah.

Comments