The taper.

Will start a little earlier than I'd like. Got big family stuff this weekend that just is really more important than what I'm doing on the bike. I'm lucky that way.

Went 68+ today, on gravel, all over Brown County. It was terrific. Lots of farmers are out planting right now. Most of them waved at me before I had the chance to wave at them. Nice folk. Passed lots of tractors and spraying rigs - beautiful day to be out. The roads are in good shape right now.

Had 3 flats today. Time for new tires anyway. Each was a distinct puncture in a different place. I only had one tube, so I had to patch two of them. Really slowed me down, but was good experience. Rumor has it the DK is guaranteed to puncture most tires a few times.

Good to be riding in the heat again. Got close to 80 degrees today. It'll be good training for the wide range of temps we'll likely experience on May 31st.

More soon.

Micah.

Comments