The Trans-Iowa.

Has anyone been following this? I would actually like to do this event someday, but cripes sake! Check out the website: http://transiowa.blogspot.com/
The audio clips are interesting, and worth the few minutes they'll take to listen.


The event was terribly hampered by typhoon winds, snow, below-freezing wind chills, and MUDSLIDES. In Iowa. What the hell?! Some roads were unfit for MOUNTAIN BIKES.

I've been whining about weather for the better part of two months, and am feeling a little more justified about it.

I absolutely expect similarly crazy weather at the DK200. Maybe a little less snow, but tornadoes are within reason, as are hail, rain, lightning, locust infestation, black plague.... There will be wind - we are in Kansas. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to have about 4 changes of clothing on the route, and maybe one change of tires.

I'm off to church, where I will pray for balmy temperatures, peaceful skies, wofting breezes, and crazy-fast hardpack.

Ride often, safely, and well.

Micah.

Comments